2010年9月14日 星期二

The Twilight saga - Eclipse



I have done an informal survey, asking quite some twenty friends about their views on the Twilight series, and the post-hoc subgroup analysis (still informal) showed a significant difference between boys and girls. Generally, boys are bored and girls are romanced.

So here I come, from Twilight to NewMoon, to the current Eclipse.

As far as I know, there are three different directors for each of them. If you have seen Twilight, I am sure you as as well tell the difference from the exceedingly slowpaced but detailed plot - it was filmed by a female director. Plus the fact that the original story was written by a gifted lady writer Stephenie Meyer, the entire story actually centred so much on Bella's struggle of love, and her difficult choice between the charmingly protective vampire Edward, and the (very) muscular and amiable werewolf Jacob.

Indeed if I were to classify the film genre, I would rather put it into Romance/Love story. To be fair, after shifting my paradigm and seeing the world in Bella's eyes, I could feel the enchantment of love floating around, in a strong scent.

In particular, I appreciate the shot where Bella was put on a high freezy mountain by Edward, being a cold-blooded species he failed to offer a warm fleshy hug - but the perspiring Jacob could. Seeing his beloved girl holding around skin-to-skin by another boy - you could almost taste the sour in it. Transfering the inner tension into something physical, I love the idea.


P.S.
Boys who used to enjoy action and fantasy may have expected too much of blood or fight from the Twilight series. Haha, if so, I would suggest him going for the Underworld series instead - again story of vampires and werewolves - but dark and thrilling, no more girly love.

P.S. 2
Afterall, Bella is the lucky one, at least she has the chance of entering this dilemma, it is a blessing to be immersed by the polar love of two kinds. For my choice? Look at the poster I chose!

沒有留言:

張貼留言