2010年9月5日 星期日

Blokus, Block us!

Umm I love board games.

In this era of computer video games, between the Starcraft II and Mastermind, the newer generation could pick with zero reaction time. I am not pretending to be old, but indeed when I shop in the current Toy'R'us searching for Abalone (not the edible luxury, it-is-a-chessgame!), I found the shelf for broadgame shrinked - from 4 complete blocks in the past, to currently, 1 single shelf.

Probably the toy-manufacturers have revolutionalised their marketing strategies. They are putting broadgames online. Blokus is a good nice example.



The game is simple and short. You play the blocks from one color, the only rule is that you need to link the blocks at corners. The winner is the one who has the least blocks on hand at last!

Though the platform allows us to play with computers or other online players, I enjoy more playing with friends face-to-face. Haha, I still remember vividly the short play with my dearest groupmates in library last week, sitting in a row, we turned the lib into a cyber-bar. =] It will be perfect if we can sit around the real BOARD game, with cokes at hands: shout, scream, and play!


P.S.
Go and enjoy the game here: http://www.blokus.fr/online-game/
If you love it, make sure you support the game-creater by buying a real set back home!

2 則留言:

  1. I really enjoy the play with you and yvonne last time! I feel good to commit "suicide" at the end~XD
    Lets play again soon! (may i have coke lemon plz?^^)

    回覆刪除
  2. I downloaded this game in my ipod touch and play it a lot when I am in MTR~ lets play together when we meet up :)

    回覆刪除