2010年9月25日 星期六

Priority

Umm how I wish I could have 48 hours a day.

These days I am so much troubled by the limitation of time. Recalling my chat with my dearest roommate Kaman last year, I found the lesson of prioritizing our jobs seems to be advancing in our final year. Family, girlfriend, friends, churchlife, movies, leisure books, and finally the horrible studies. Mind you, I am not saying any of the above is a burden to me, in fact I love them all (with studying inclusive) - just that the basic rule of economics is so truthfully real - "Resources are scarce, yet human wants are unlimited."

The question is, how could I achieve a balance (or, homeostasis) in it!

I tried to prioritize them like this:
1) Family, girlfriend
2) Friends
3) Churchlife
4) Studies
5) Leisure

But it doesn't even work a bit:
- Doesn't bible says we have to put God at first place?
- Some may blame me being heavy-color-light-friends
- Seems the study time is never enough!
- Gosh I want more leisure time...

Finally, I see the point. It is the limitation in time that makes things valuable. If time is unlimited I would never be pleased to have dinner with my girlfriend, I would not have cherished so much about my family time, and studies would seem so endlessly torturing. So, perhaps more importantly is not to feel regretful for whatever choice I have made (provided that they are reasonably meaningful). Because, based on again the rules of economics, the list option-forgone is endless.

William Hung is right....
"I have already given my best, and I have no regret at all."

沒有留言:

張貼留言