2010年8月30日 星期一

Inception



Christopher Nolan got my heart since I first watched his low-cost but phenomenal production - Memento. He is such an amazing story-teller, no matter how twisted the plot is, he never failed in keeping the pace tight and tensioned. So was his last blockbuster The Dark Knight, which I enjoyed it under the huge screen of IMAX - he made the classic so much alive.

When expectation is high, many a time I got let down. But Inception is an exception.

Instead of praising how well the plot is written or how sophisticated Nolan's way of filming is (which everybody has already been talking about), I would like to talk a bit on another catching point - his choice on casting.

In fact Leonardo Dicarprio was Nolan's first and only choice of playing Cobb, and I cannot agree more. Leonardo's power in playing emotionally-overwhelmed characters is simply unquestionable, judging from his previous films Shutter Island, Aviator etc, he is so much gifted in acting out the inner struggle and pain within a character, which synchronised the audience to go on with the plot. Seriously I would say, his first Oscar award is not far.

On the other hand, Ellen Page's play is a surprise. My impression about her still remained so much on her leading film Juno in 2007, and thats why, in my mind she is still that pregnant girl who goes to school. This time in this darker Inception, she played it right to the point, no more happy faces, but became a much more mature smart young lady.

Another star who amazed both Landico and me is Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Gosh his elegant and intelligent character in the movie glued our eyes throughout, and, he-is-so-charming!

For those who have not yet watched this movie, buy a ticket and go for it, if you found it sucks, I get you the refund =]

沒有留言:

張貼留言