2010年8月21日 星期六

Totem

Watched the stunning Inception with Landico the second time. After the mind-drilling Memento, Chris Nolan pushed his art in storytelling to a master level, and again consumed all my brain glucose within this 150 minutes. Absolutely, best movie in 2010 so far.

The second time in theatre doesnt make the film dull, knowing the plot, I enjoyed the movie with much more appreciation to the fine details. This time what catches me is the role of the spinning Totem throughout the story. It is so true that, when you lived in a vivid dream for such a long time, you would definitely need something to remind you of the reality, or, you will get lost - sad enough, without knowing it.

Of course I have no doubt in THE real world i am living in, but indeed from time to time, when life becomes a routine, duplicating itself day by day, I often got quite a strong sense of derealization (yah, quite like the kind in Panic Disorder). Somehow, things around me look distant and unreal, and its hard not to question the certainty of my own being.

But then, I have my own Totem to remind me how true this world is - the unique kiss from my lovable girl.

You may ask: how does it work?
Oh, it defeats the purpose of a Totem if i tell - and - dare you go and try!

沒有留言:

張貼留言