2010年11月1日 星期一

Abortion III

I advocate legal abortion being implemented does not mean I agree with the very act of abortion.

Personally, I choose to consider life begins as a sperm first enters an egg, there might not be a scientic explanation, but you can't deny the symbolic meaning of it - a vivid illustration of how two lifes fuse together. It is not a morality judgement that lead me away from abortion, it is simply a personal uneasiness in making this decision.

Deciding to go for abortion needs just a moment, but I know myself so well, once after the decision is made, the sense of guilt is seeded. It may not grow immediately after the simple procedure, but it would definitely ring a bell from time to time. It may be when I saw another newborn baby, it may be everytime I kiss my wife, it may be when I walk pass the obstetric ward. Guilt just doesn't go away.

Though morally I might not have done anything wrong, well, everything is about cognition - guilt follows not the morally right or wrong but simply how I percieve the event, and I couldn't change it.

So, abortion is not an option for me, but probably, good for the society.

沒有留言:

張貼留言