2010年11月17日 星期三

Burger, brand, burger

For friends who know me and Landico well, they should realise that we are both burger lovers. Unhealthy it may be, it is simply irresistable to get a juicy bite together with sips of coke.

There are few more weeks before my girl is back from the States, and I had a chance to visit Burger King with my dear groupmates. As usual, I ordered a Regular Whopper Meal, but when I was standing at counter waiting for my junk delicacy, this time, something new I observed.

Along the row of serving counters lies trays of meal awaiting to be picked up. When I scanned across them, I started to realise how neat the food was placed - from left to right: coke, fries, burger - on each and every tray, no exception.

Amazed by my new discovery, I was about to pick up my meal. Suddenly a hand from the Branch Manager reached to my tray, quickly touching every item of my set and made a minor turn - so that ALL of them have the Burger King Logo facing me - then, I overheard him talking to the newbie trainee: "This is how we position our food."

As minor as it might be, I can't help to appreciate the detailed thoughtful servive proctotol the shop has made. Not realising in the past, this is probably one of the reasons for why I always find (subconsciously) Burger King a neater and brighter brand than McDonald, KFC or its other counterparts.

This, is brand image construction, we may not notice, but it exists - serving as the unseen advertisement.


P.S.
Talking about brand imaging, in the old days, I once saw a Burger King TV commercial that I love so much. The layout was simple: The camera shot pairs of legs queuing in front of the counter, walked forward and ordered different sets one by one. At barely one second before the ads ends - a pair of legs in yellow trousers and red plastic shoes came - suffice to say - yes, that is Mr Mcdonald.

沒有留言:

張貼留言