2010年10月10日 星期日

Kick Ass



Anyone could be a superhero.

I ain't interested in this movie from the beginning. I still remember quite clearly I first saw this poster in Cape Town (yes, the Cape Town in South Africa) while wandering in a mall with Brother Steward. Without knowing the plot, somehow the poster (not this one) reminded me of Austin Powers' kind of horrible humor. But now, I apologize for my unfair pre-occupied comment.

Kick-ass is a special one. You may have watched tonnes of movies centred on superheroes - Superman, Batman, Spiderman, X-men, Ironman (Pause - why all men?), Fantastic 4, Hulk, The League of Extraordinary...but if you bring the same expectation to Kick Ass, I guarantee you for a complete jaw dislocation.

Kick Ass is about an average teen fantasizing to become a superhero - and finally remained ordinary. It may sound non-sense, but frankly, this is what makes this film unique and to some extent - meaningful. I believe, as the movie has narrated, everyone in some point of life has dreamed about being a superhero, it might not necessary be a genuine one, but at least, we had all once dreamed for more power. But the inconvenient reality is that, we are bound to remain ordinary. Still, a superhero being heroic is by definition of zero surprise, it is always an average man who did the extraordinary who truly shines.

I love the movie's sarcastic altered quote from spider man:
"With no power, comes no responsibility. Except, that wasn't true."

沒有留言:

張貼留言