2010年12月15日 星期三

Sharing

Skipped a renal bedside teaching in Nethersole Hospital today, just to go back my high school for a sharing session in the morning assembly. Yeh, the opportunistic cost is high (it might be the one and only one bedside teaching on the beloved kidneys in the year...), but there is no regret speaking for the school that have developed and moulded the present James Chow.

The assigned topic is Challenges faced by a university student. This is exactly the kind of topic that stuporizes me when I was young. Luckily it was run in a Q&A manner - a planned one - between my ex-teacher and me, at least not a boring one-man-talk.

Of course when the teacher invited me for the talk three months ago, with no hesitation I agreed. But only after a while, when preparing for the talk, I see a huge big problem - how on hell the life of a final year medical student be representative for university as a whole! Sharing with them my daily routine would for sure portrait a cant-be-more-skewed picture of university life, that's so wrong.

- The last time I went to CU campus was in August, when I only have a spare 1.5 hour between lectures to fixed my broken library card in lightning speed. The time before, was already my year 4 final MB.

- We don't have GPAs, just pass or fail in each and every subject. So fighting for marks are usually not an important issue.

- Yes, I enjoyed my hall life very much eating drinking and chitchating with my buddies, but I am sure our Mrs Ho Hostel is one of the most peaceful, silent (and perhaps in some sense - boring) student hall in Hong Kong. At 3am when students in the-closely-named Ms Ho Tung Hall in the opposite shore are screaming and running down streets for a late night meal, we on the other hand are either sleeping on bed, or sleeping in books.

Sharing on these parts of u-life are definitely deadends, so the teacher and I agreed to explore on another aspect, which my fellow schoolmates might be more interested in - the love story between the ex-president and ex-vice-president of Student Union - and the way they grow from high school to uni, and to now one of them starting to work.

(To be continued...)

沒有留言:

張貼留言